Discussion Board

    Share
    avatar
    The Czar
    Commissioner

    Number of posts : 483
    Age : 40
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by The Czar on Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:40 pm

    Yup, I think it worked out alright.
    avatar
    The Czar
    Commissioner

    Number of posts : 483
    Age : 40
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by The Czar on Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:44 pm

    After we finish all of this draft and setting up yahoo, my plan is to set up a mirror league on fantrax as one of their free leagues. That way everyone can log in and try it out. Then people can make an informed decision on if it works for them or not. We may decide to jump then, or play around with it for awhile until people are comfortable.
    avatar
    NAFRO79
    General Manager

    Number of posts : 148
    Age : 38
    Location : Shakespeare, Ontario, Canada
    Registration date : 2014-03-10

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by NAFRO79 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:04 pm

    Slider wrote:
    michaeljchris wrote:Did Kingery debut last year?

    I just ask because I didn't see him in the Roster Moves section (and I also had him on my draft board)

    No.

    However, Yahoo has started adding some high profile prospects (w/o any MLB experience) to our player pool. I assume that Vriezy added Kingery last year because he was available in the player pool.

    I did the same with Nick Neidert, who I have subsequently dropped.

    This makes it even more difficult to track players between this site and Yahoo. If Fantrax can solve this problem too, I'm all in on Fantrax.

    So instead of having a very definitive guideline on minor league player additions, that is very clear and simple to follow: The only way a minor league player can become the property of a team is, to be drafted. If they have not been drafted, they can be added once they have made their MLB debut. After they debut, they go to standard 48 hour waiver claim period. If you add someone illegally prior to their debut, you certainly should not get to keep them. You should also be penalized your waiver position for your illegal add.

    When I first joined this league, it was the first league I had ever been in. I have paid a considerable amout of money taking over a team, that had a zero chance of winning, and likely is still a year or two away from competing. I also now am involved in some pretty intense Fantrax League's, that aren't even for money. I have sat back, and kept my mouth shut, and watched things progress. I would like to become more active and vocal as to how the league is managed. I understand the time, and effort it takes, and am not saying things have not been run well.

    There is one major continuous problem with the league, that anybody using yahoo, and drafting minor league player's has. There is a very simple and beneficial solution for all of us. To run a league in Fantrax, the cost is $100-200/year, I believe. In my 30 team league we each pay $9.74, every two or three years. Why are we spending $70/year, and not using the proper league. Geez, I'll pay $80/yr buy in, so I don't ever have to flip back and forth figuring out who's an owned prospect. Throughout the season, and especially for the draft.
    avatar
    Slider
    General Manager

    Number of posts : 379
    Location : Vancouver, BC
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by Slider on Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:55 pm

    NAFRO79 wrote:
    Slider wrote:
    michaeljchris wrote:Did Kingery debut last year?

    I just ask because I didn't see him in the Roster Moves section (and I also had him on my draft board)

    No.

    However, Yahoo has started adding some high profile prospects (w/o any MLB experience) to our player pool. I assume that Vriezy added Kingery last year because he was available in the player pool.

    I did the same with Nick Neidert, who I have subsequently dropped.

    This makes it even more difficult to track players between this site and Yahoo. If Fantrax can solve this problem too, I'm all in on Fantrax.

    So instead of having a very definitive guideline on minor league player additions, that is very clear and simple to follow: The only way a minor league player can become the property of a team is, to be drafted. If they have not been drafted, they can be added once they have made their MLB debut. After they debut, they go to standard 48 hour waiver claim period. If you add someone illegally prior to their debut, you certainly should not get to keep them. You should also be penalized your waiver position for your illegal add.

    Woh, woh, woh. Let's dial-down the moral indignation a tad. I was not suggesting that what Vriez and myself did violated ANY rules. In fact, what Vriez did was brilliant (damn Vriezy). This league has operated, from day one, with the idea that the waiver wire would not be policed, partly because, back in the day, there wasn't anything left in the player pool - in this league 740+ players are accounted for at any one time ([20 teams x 25 MLB rosters] + [20 teams x 12 MiLB rosters] + DL stashes) and Yahoo barely had all of those players in its pool back in the day. Over the past few years, Yahoo has substantially increased the size of its player pool. It wasn't always this way. We didn't need a 'definitive guideline' about FA / Waiver pickups, nor was I suggesting that we do now, and I certainly wasn't complaining - in any way - about how the league handles FA / Waivers. I was bummed that Vriezy sniped me - back in August or September - and irritated that it was difficult to know this given the different platforms we use. That is all. Again, Vriez should get an award, and not indignation.

    If you are suggesting that the FA / Waiver should be better managed because of the CHANGES that Yahoo has made to its player pool, then I'm all ears. But let's hear a compelling argument for why the league needs a rule change - and let's not condemn the entire league or individual managers for CHANGES to both the platform and the direction of the game (real FAs are not getting paid like they used to; shift from veterans to cost-controllable (and disposable) minor leaguers (who don't get paid squat); no draft for international players; the stupid Player Union not representing serious player issues, etc.). I actually find it interesting that part of your reasoning about the FA / Waiver wire is that 740+ players isn't deep enough. This might actually be true, but let's hear it.

    When I first joined this league, it was the first league I had ever been in. I have paid a considerable amout of money taking over a team, that had a zero chance of winning, and likely is still a year or two away from competing. I also now am involved in some pretty intense Fantrax League's, that aren't even for money. I have sat back, and kept my mouth shut, and watched things progress. I would like to become more active and vocal as to how the league is managed. I understand the time, and effort it takes, and am not saying things have not been run well.

    The 'consumer-schtick' might work well at the Olive Garden, but not here. You've entered a competitive league that has operated well for 11-12 years, and on the backs of those who dedicate spare time. You have always been afforded every right to participate, just like every other manager. Again, if you believe that a rule change is warranted, make your case. I can assure you the league will listen, maybe not agree, but listen. Just don't hide behind a pretence of consumer dissatisfaction. No-one owes you shit.

    There is one major continuous problem with the league, that anybody using yahoo, and drafting minor league player's has. There is a very simple and beneficial solution for all of us. To run a league in Fantrax, the cost is $100-200/year, I believe. In my 30 team league we each pay $9.74, every two or three years. Why are we spending $70/year, and not using the proper league. Geez, I'll pay $80/yr buy in, so I don't ever have to flip back and forth figuring out who's an owned prospect. Throughout the season, and especially for the draft.

    I am not sure there is a 'major continuous problem with the league'. Or if there is, I don't know what you are referring to. The discussion of Fantrax started a few years back, as a proposed solution to the inefficiencies of having to go back and forth between different platforms. The Ohtani debacle has re-kindled the discussion because Fantrax treats Ohtani as 1 player, rather than than 2 in Yahoo. TWO-WAY PLAYERS ARE ENTIRELY NEW to our discussion of platform (as far as I know). Yahoo actually was THE site for fantasy baseball when this league started a decade ago (free, dynasty, etc.). I mentioned Fantrax today in relation to having to go back and forth across different platforms. I did NOT mention Fantrax because I wanted to manage or police the FA / Waiver wire. That's on you. I have no idea how Fantrax manages FAs / Waiver claims. You still need to make a case for managing / policing it. And, try to do so without all the moral posturing.
    avatar
    Slider
    General Manager

    Number of posts : 379
    Location : Vancouver, BC
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by Slider on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:23 pm

    The Czar wrote:After we finish all of this draft and setting up yahoo, my plan is to set up a mirror league on fantrax as one of their free leagues. That way everyone can log in and try it out. Then people can make an informed decision on if it works for them or not. We may decide to jump then, or play around with it for awhile until people are comfortable.

    thanks.
    avatar
    LI Hitmen

    Number of posts : 107
    Location : New York
    Registration date : 2014-03-09

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by LI Hitmen on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:24 pm

    sorry i took so long. by time i got home, was ready to take Monte Harrison. however, Glowa snagged him O__o. nice pick
    avatar
    THE KILLERS
    Commissioner

    Number of posts : 559
    Location : Hellsville, NY
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by THE KILLERS on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:52 pm

    Slider wrote:
    NAFRO79 wrote:
    Slider wrote:
    michaeljchris wrote:Did Kingery debut last year?

    I just ask because I didn't see him in the Roster Moves section (and I also had him on my draft board)

    No.

    However, Yahoo has started adding some high profile prospects (w/o any MLB experience) to our player pool. I assume that Vriezy added Kingery last year because he was available in the player pool.

    I did the same with Nick Neidert, who I have subsequently dropped.

    This makes it even more difficult to track players between this site and Yahoo. If Fantrax can solve this problem too, I'm all in on Fantrax.

    So instead of having a very definitive guideline on minor league player additions, that is very clear and simple to follow: The only way a minor league player can become the property of a team is, to be drafted. If they have not been drafted, they can be added once they have made their MLB debut. After they debut, they go to standard 48 hour waiver claim period. If you add someone illegally prior to their debut, you certainly should not get to keep them. You should also be penalized your waiver position for your illegal add.

    Woh, woh, woh. Let's dial-down the moral indignation a tad. I was not suggesting that what Vriez and myself did violated ANY rules. In fact, what Vriez did was brilliant (damn Vriezy). This league has operated, from day one, with the idea that the waiver wire would not be policed, partly because, back in the day, there wasn't anything left in the player pool - in this league 740+ players are accounted for at any one time ([20 teams x 25 MLB rosters] + [20 teams x 12 MiLB rosters] + DL stashes) and Yahoo barely had all of those players in its pool back in the day. Over the past few years, Yahoo has substantially increased the size of its player pool. It wasn't always this way. We didn't need a 'definitive guideline' about FA / Waiver pickups, nor was I suggesting that we do now, and I certainly wasn't complaining - in any way - about how the league handles FA / Waivers. I was bummed that Vriezy sniped me - back in August or September - and irritated that it was difficult to know this given the different platforms we use. That is all. Again, Vriez should get an award, and not indignation.

    If you are suggesting that the FA / Waiver should be better managed because of the CHANGES that Yahoo has made to its player pool, then I'm all ears. But let's hear a compelling argument for why the league needs a rule change - and let's not condemn the entire league or individual managers for CHANGES to both the platform and the direction of the game (real FAs are not getting paid like they used to; shift from veterans to cost-controllable (and disposable) minor leaguers (who don't get paid squat); no draft for international players; the stupid Player Union not representing serious player issues, etc.). I actually find it interesting that part of your reasoning about the FA / Waiver wire is that 740+ players isn't deep enough. This might actually be true, but let's hear it.

    When I first joined this league, it was the first league I had ever been in. I have paid a considerable amout of money taking over a team, that had a zero chance of winning, and likely is still a year or two away from competing. I also now am involved in some pretty intense Fantrax League's, that aren't even for money. I have sat back, and kept my mouth shut, and watched things progress. I would like to become more active and vocal as to how the league is managed. I understand the time, and effort it takes, and am not saying things have not been run well.

    The 'consumer-schtick' might work well at the Olive Garden, but not here. You've entered a competitive league that has operated well for 11-12 years, and on the backs of those who dedicate spare time. You have always been afforded every right to participate, just like every other manager. Again, if you believe that a rule change is warranted, make your case. I can assure you the league will listen, maybe not agree, but listen. Just don't hide behind a pretence of consumer dissatisfaction. No-one owes you shit.

    There is one major continuous problem with the league, that anybody using yahoo, and drafting minor league player's has. There is a very simple and beneficial solution for all of us. To run a league in Fantrax, the cost is $100-200/year, I believe. In my 30 team league we each pay $9.74, every two or three years. Why are we spending $70/year, and not using the proper league. Geez, I'll pay $80/yr buy in, so I don't ever have to flip back and forth figuring out who's an owned prospect. Throughout the season, and especially for the draft.

    I am not sure there is a 'major continuous problem with the league'. Or if there is, I don't know what you are referring to. The discussion of Fantrax started a few years back, as a proposed solution to the inefficiencies of having to go back and forth between different platforms. The Ohtani debacle has re-kindled the discussion because Fantrax treats Ohtani as 1 player, rather than than 2 in Yahoo. TWO-WAY PLAYERS ARE ENTIRELY NEW to our discussion of platform (as far as I know). Yahoo actually was THE site for fantasy baseball when this league started a decade ago (free, dynasty, etc.). I mentioned Fantrax today in relation to having to go back and forth across different platforms. I did NOT mention Fantrax because I wanted to manage or police the FA / Waiver wire. That's on you. I have no idea how Fantrax manages FAs / Waiver claims. You still need to make a case for managing / policing it. And, try to do so without all the moral posturing.

    Love it.
    avatar
    The Czar
    Commissioner

    Number of posts : 483
    Age : 40
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by The Czar on Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:45 pm

    Nitros has been texted and I explained the Kingery thing as best I could through text. I hope I didn't text too late. Ugh.


    Rosters are done on yahoo. Guess I'll work on setting up a league on fantrax next.
    avatar
    NAFRO79
    General Manager

    Number of posts : 148
    Age : 38
    Location : Shakespeare, Ontario, Canada
    Registration date : 2014-03-10

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by NAFRO79 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:15 am

    THE KILLERS wrote:
    Slider wrote:
    NAFRO79 wrote:
    Slider wrote:
    michaeljchris wrote:Did Kingery debut last year?

    I just ask because I didn't see him in the Roster Moves section (and I also had him on my draft board)

    No.

    However, Yahoo has started adding some high profile prospects (w/o any MLB experience) to our player pool. I assume that Vriezy added Kingery last year because he was available in the player pool.

    I did the same with Nick Neidert, who I have subsequently dropped.

    This makes it even more difficult to track players between this site and Yahoo. If Fantrax can solve this problem too, I'm all in on Fantrax.

    So instead of having a very definitive guideline on minor league player additions, that is very clear and simple to follow: The only way a minor league player can become the property of a team is, to be drafted. If they have not been drafted, they can be added once they have made their MLB debut. After they debut, they go to standard 48 hour waiver claim period. If you add someone illegally prior to their debut, you certainly should not get to keep them. You should also be penalized your waiver position for your illegal add.

    Woh, woh, woh. Let's dial-down the moral indignation a tad. I was not suggesting that what Vriez and myself did violated ANY rules. In fact, what Vriez did was brilliant (damn Vriezy). This league has operated, from day one, with the idea that the waiver wire would not be policed, partly because, back in the day, there wasn't anything left in the player pool - in this league 740+ players are accounted for at any one time ([20 teams x 25 MLB rosters] + [20 teams x 12 MiLB rosters] + DL stashes) and Yahoo barely had all of those players in its pool back in the day. Over the past few years, Yahoo has substantially increased the size of its player pool. It wasn't always this way. We didn't need a 'definitive guideline' about FA / Waiver pickups, nor was I suggesting that we do now, and I certainly wasn't complaining - in any way - about how the league handles FA / Waivers. I was bummed that Vriezy sniped me - back in August or September - and irritated that it was difficult to know this given the different platforms we use. That is all. Again, Vriez should get an award, and not indignation.

    If you are suggesting that the FA / Waiver should be better managed because of the CHANGES that Yahoo has made to its player pool, then I'm all ears. But let's hear a compelling argument for why the league needs a rule change - and let's not condemn the entire league or individual managers for CHANGES to both the platform and the direction of the game (real FAs are not getting paid like they used to; shift from veterans to cost-controllable (and disposable) minor leaguers (who don't get paid squat); no draft for international players; the stupid Player Union not representing serious player issues, etc.). I actually find it interesting that part of your reasoning about the FA / Waiver wire is that 740+ players isn't deep enough. This might actually be true, but let's hear it.

    When I first joined this league, it was the first league I had ever been in. I have paid a considerable amout of money taking over a team, that had a zero chance of winning, and likely is still a year or two away from competing. I also now am involved in some pretty intense Fantrax League's, that aren't even for money. I have sat back, and kept my mouth shut, and watched things progress. I would like to become more active and vocal as to how the league is managed. I understand the time, and effort it takes, and am not saying things have not been run well.

    The 'consumer-schtick' might work well at the Olive Garden, but not here. You've entered a competitive league that has operated well for 11-12 years, and on the backs of those who dedicate spare time. You have always been afforded every right to participate, just like every other manager. Again, if you believe that a rule change is warranted, make your case. I can assure you the league will listen, maybe not agree, but listen. Just don't hide behind a pretence of consumer dissatisfaction. No-one owes you shit.

    There is one major continuous problem with the league, that anybody using yahoo, and drafting minor league player's has. There is a very simple and beneficial solution for all of us. To run a league in Fantrax, the cost is $100-200/year, I believe. In my 30 team league we each pay $9.74, every two or three years. Why are we spending $70/year, and not using the proper league. Geez, I'll pay $80/yr buy in, so I don't ever have to flip back and forth figuring out who's an owned prospect. Throughout the season, and especially for the draft.

    I am not sure there is a 'major continuous problem with the league'. Or if there is, I don't know what you are referring to. The discussion of Fantrax started a few years back, as a proposed solution to the inefficiencies of having to go back and forth between different platforms. The Ohtani debacle has re-kindled the discussion because Fantrax treats Ohtani as 1 player, rather than than 2 in Yahoo. TWO-WAY PLAYERS ARE ENTIRELY NEW to our discussion of platform (as far as I know). Yahoo actually was THE site for fantasy baseball when this league started a decade ago (free, dynasty, etc.). I mentioned Fantrax today in relation to having to go back and forth across different platforms. I did NOT mention Fantrax because I wanted to manage or police the FA / Waiver wire. That's on you. I have no idea how Fantrax manages FAs / Waiver claims. You still need to make a case for managing / policing it. And, try to do so without all the moral posturing.

    Love it.

    Fair. The problem is yahoo. Simply put Fantrax or other platforms allow all minor league player's to be on your roster. The problem is not being able to see in the same platform, immediately what prospects are owned by what team. I don't know about the rest of you, but my time is worth a fuck lot more then $10 a year.
    avatar
    Slider
    General Manager

    Number of posts : 379
    Location : Vancouver, BC
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by Slider on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:10 am

    The Czar wrote:Nitros has been texted and I explained the Kingery thing as best I could through text. I hope I didn't text too late. Ugh.


    Rosters are done on yahoo. Guess I'll work on setting up a league on fantrax next.

    Rosters are done on yahoo.

    hey - my roster still isn't correct. i dropped Nick Neidert, and called up and added Bradley Zimmer to my 25 man. thanks.
    avatar
    The Czar
    Commissioner

    Number of posts : 483
    Age : 40
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by The Czar on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:26 am

    Slider, I cant fix it from work, but Im pretty sure I double and triple checked that. The roster on your page is not the correct one. The updated one will be in draft results. Im looking at it now and its showing Bradley Zimmer in 10th round. I can look, but cant make changes from work.
    avatar
    THE KILLERS
    Commissioner

    Number of posts : 559
    Location : Hellsville, NY
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by THE KILLERS on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:29 am

    He hasn't hit the "Begin Season" button yet. What shows currently and what he input aren't the same thing.
    avatar
    Slider
    General Manager

    Number of posts : 379
    Location : Vancouver, BC
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by Slider on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:30 am

    The Czar wrote:Slider, I cant fix it from work, but Im pretty sure I double and triple checked that. The roster on your page is not the correct one. The updated one will be in draft results. Im looking at it now and its showing Bradley Zimmer in 10th round. I can look, but cant make changes from work.

    ah. ok. thanks. looks good.
    avatar
    Slider
    General Manager

    Number of posts : 379
    Location : Vancouver, BC
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by Slider on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:08 pm

    lol. i guess Chones's pick guarantees we switch to Fantrax......

    Kingery already taken
    avatar
    Rolling Chones
    General Manager

    Number of posts : 184
    Age : 37
    Location : Portland Me
    Registration date : 2010-01-02

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by Rolling Chones on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:19 pm

    might consider putting him on a list then!
    avatar
    The Czar
    Commissioner

    Number of posts : 483
    Age : 40
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by The Czar on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:21 pm

    Hes on a roster, thats why he isnt on the milb list. He has to stay on Vriez roster.

    We are working on some solutions.
    avatar
    Rolling Chones
    General Manager

    Number of posts : 184
    Age : 37
    Location : Portland Me
    Registration date : 2010-01-02

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by Rolling Chones on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:31 pm

    yeah, i just caught up. he's not on the MiLB list or shown as owned on yahoo so there's no way to know he isn't available without reading this thread
    avatar
    NAFRO79
    General Manager

    Number of posts : 148
    Age : 38
    Location : Shakespeare, Ontario, Canada
    Registration date : 2014-03-10

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by NAFRO79 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:59 pm

    I also do not agree with someone being able to keep a minor league player, with no MLB service time, just because he was arbitrarily added to Yahoo player database. I would be happy to be in charge of policing that no one carries a minor league player on their MLB roster, who does not have MLB service time.
    avatar
    Can O' Corn
    General Manager

    Number of posts : 57
    Location : Denver, CO
    Registration date : 2017-03-06

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by Can O' Corn on Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:07 pm

    I disagree. I think it's great that in a league with 20 teams and huge rosters (740 players between MLB and MiLB squads I believe), I can constantly scour the minor league "owned" list and compare it to the yahoo player pool, looking for hidden gems that aren't owned that can help my team. I wrongfully added Luis Castillo last year and was elated for a bit, until I found out he was indeed drafted (his name was wrong on the owned list so techinally not my fault). I give Vriez mad props (although Rust Belters technically rostered Kingery first) for finding a gem. Had I acted a day or so sooner, he would of been mine! Sad
    avatar
    DeepFreese
    General Manager

    Number of posts : 93
    Registration date : 2015-02-22

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by DeepFreese on Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:52 pm

    Regarding Kingery:

    I had always thought players had to have MLB service time to be added at any time other than the MiLB draft. After some digging, I know why I thought that (Ignore time stamps, probably due to time zone differences between email senders) :


    On February 22, 2015 at 5:32 PM Matt Brundage <mushowitz2099@yahoo.com> wrote:

    I think that is going to have to be done randomly by coin flip or some other method, the set rules on dispersal of teams is somewhat preliminary but I believe that's how it's been done in the past. The waiver priority would likely be the opposite of the MiLB Draft order. Maybe another commish can better answer that. The methods being based on an agreeance between the new owners may be possible, we don't necessarily do this every year.

    Waivers can be made on multiple players at once, yes. If you have ever set waivers on more than one player at once Yahoo! will enable you to prioritize your claims.

    Yes, minor leaguers may only be added during the MiLB draft unless you acquire them through trade. New International and Amateur Draft signings will all be able to be drafted.


    On Sunday, February 22, 2015 8:14 PM, "beattyfour@comcast.net" <beattyfour@comcast.net> wrote:

    Thanks for replying.

    According to the Constitution, The waiver priority will begin the next season based on final positions from the previous season. How will the three new teams slot in to the waiver priority ?

    How will the new owners slot in on the MiLB draft ?

    Can waivers claims be made on multiple players at once ? In the event Yahoo can fill only one of multiple waiver claims, how does Yahoo prioritize which one to fill ?

    Looks like minor leaguers can only be added once per year during the MiLB draft. Correct ?

    Thanks
    Mark



    Ah well. No worries. Come September, I too will be checking prospect rankings and cross checking against Yahoo availability
    avatar
    Vriez
    Umpire

    Number of posts : 466
    Age : 35
    Location : Grandville, MI
    Registration date : 2007-11-30

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by Vriez on Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:58 pm

    Holy shit. I hadn't been keeping tabs on the discussion thread... and just tuned in to all of this.

    To be completely honest?? I just spent 10 minutes on google trying to find some evidence of an official call-up/service time. The way I remember it last September?...Kingery hit waivers in September like all the other Sept call-ups. Typically Yahoo only adds guys 3-4 days after they touch MLB service. Looking back now (and proving to myself through google searches), it looks like the timing when he hit waivers was purely coincidence and solely because Belters dropped him. I remember quadruple-checking the MiLB Owned List, but I guess I just assumed that he hit waivers because of service time (I mean -- why wouldn't the Phillies have added him in September?).

    I'd been operating under the same understanding that most have: MiLB player can only be added after an official transaction to the big club. Every year I scour waivers in September you add call-ups. The assumption is that Yahoo added after service and you just have to double- check the Owned List.

    Not sure how to handle the mix up? Dude has been drafted 4 times. Now it's easy to see why. Do you pull him from my team? Do i get him for my #7 overall pick (then how does Addell hey added to the pool midstream)? Do I keep him and lose my waiver? Not sure what is fair. It looks like half the league thinks it was legal and half don't. What a mess.

    Either way, I do think there should be an official rule that someone needs to be either drafted or added after service time.

    Sorry to throw even more confusion into this. Those are just my thoughts.
    avatar
    THE KILLERS
    Commissioner

    Number of posts : 559
    Location : Hellsville, NY
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by THE KILLERS on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:51 pm

    That e-mail I wrote to Freese from 3 years ago shouldn't be taken out of context and it appears it was written when I first became a commissioner and before I performed a massive overhaul on the League Constitution that most of you still don't read. I'm not responsible for what you know or don't know or think or don't think. This argument... is lunacy. Read the rules, does it say anywhere that you can't pick up an unowned minor leaguer from free agency? Go ahead. I'll wait.

    And furthermore. FUCK SCOTT KINGERY! What has he ever done to this point to help anyone win a matchup? Absolutely nothing.
    avatar
    THE KILLERS
    Commissioner

    Number of posts : 559
    Location : Hellsville, NY
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by THE KILLERS on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:56 pm

    And....and...and how many times have I heard someone say they were saving their waiver priority in case a player from the real MLB Draft got called up in the same season they were drafted. The answer is several.
    avatar
    THE KILLERS
    Commissioner

    Number of posts : 559
    Location : Hellsville, NY
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by THE KILLERS on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:04 am

    I didn't join this league to coddle all the big boys and girls. I come to rip your arm out of its socket and beat you over the head with it. I want to make everyone of you feel pain through your computer screen and/or smartphone.
    avatar
    THE KILLERS
    Commissioner

    Number of posts : 559
    Location : Hellsville, NY
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by THE KILLERS on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:07 am

    Ima take all yer money and spend it on prostitutes and then send you the pictures! Lol
    avatar
    Vriez
    Umpire

    Number of posts : 466
    Age : 35
    Location : Grandville, MI
    Registration date : 2007-11-30

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by Vriez on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:23 am

    Eat it with your Scott Kingery condescension. Scott Kingery is the second coming of Jesus Christ (temporarily assuming there was a first).

    And nobody wants to see pics of you and your traveling circus bearded lady hookers. Leave 'em for your spank bank.


    Last edited by Vriez on Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    The Czar
    Commissioner

    Number of posts : 483
    Age : 40
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by The Czar on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:35 am

    March Madness? Perhaps the delirium of only getting four people to pick today?


    Last edited by The Czar on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    The Czar
    Commissioner

    Number of posts : 483
    Age : 40
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by The Czar on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:46 am

    The issue of protecting minor leaguers was the very first big dust up in this league. I was on the losing side of that argument. Ever since, its always been Yahoo player pool that decides. This is not new and has been discussed more than once. Every year we have guys grab September call ups. It benefits teams rebuilding and out of the playoffs the most if they are paying attention. You have to also remember that we go 240 deep on prospects, so any helium risers were usually not top prospects at the start of the year, so there are few Kingery/Hays types that get added to the 40 man that arent already owned in most cases.
    avatar
    NAFRO79
    General Manager

    Number of posts : 148
    Age : 38
    Location : Shakespeare, Ontario, Canada
    Registration date : 2014-03-10

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by NAFRO79 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:12 am

    Fair, I think the discussion does not need to continue. If it's allowed, so be it. Come to think of it, in all fairness....I think I get Oh at the start of the season a few years ago, when he was signed by St. Louis. He had not played an MLB game, and I added him from Yahoo waiver's. At least in Fantrax, this will all be much easier to follow, as to who's available or owned.
    avatar
    NAFRO79
    General Manager

    Number of posts : 148
    Age : 38
    Location : Shakespeare, Ontario, Canada
    Registration date : 2014-03-10

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by NAFRO79 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:17 am

    I really think draft windows need to be reduced to 12 hours. 24 hours to make a draft pick, is just TOO long. Owner's need to start missing out on player's, if we ever want this draft to have some sort of normal pace. In this day and age there is no reason you cannot email a couple picks to someone who is not picking in front of you, or a commissioner, with no pick ahead of you.
    avatar
    NAFRO79
    General Manager

    Number of posts : 148
    Age : 38
    Location : Shakespeare, Ontario, Canada
    Registration date : 2014-03-10

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by NAFRO79 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:17 am

    I really think draft windows need to be reduced to 12 hours. 24 hours to make a draft pick, is just TOO long. Owner's need to start missing out on player's, if we ever want this draft to have some sort of normal pace. In this day and age there is no reason you cannot email a couple picks to someone who is not picking in front of you, or a commissioner, with no pick ahead of you.
    avatar
    The Czar
    Commissioner

    Number of posts : 483
    Age : 40
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by The Czar on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:22 am

    NAFRO79 wrote:I really think draft windows need to be reduced to 12 hours. 24 hours to make a draft pick, is just TOO long. Owner's need to start missing out on player's, if we ever want this draft to have some sort of normal pace. In this day and age there is no reason you cannot email a couple picks to someone who is not picking in front of you, or a commissioner, with no pick ahead of you.

    Well, it's a damn shame nobody seems to know that they are up. If only they were getting alerts on their phones of some kind that let them know they were up. We should have somebody watching the board regularly and texting people to try and move the draft along...
    avatar
    NAFRO79
    General Manager

    Number of posts : 148
    Age : 38
    Location : Shakespeare, Ontario, Canada
    Registration date : 2014-03-10

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by NAFRO79 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:34 am

    That seems like a lot of extra work for the people doing it....
    avatar
    The Czar
    Commissioner

    Number of posts : 483
    Age : 40
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by The Czar on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:42 am

    NAFRO79 wrote:That seems like a lot of extra work for the people doing it....

    Well, I sent out another text.

    Four picks in a day is just sad. Usually Friday's are good days to get lots of picks in too. We need at least a round in per day to get done before the season starts and that would be barely getting it done by Wednesday. I'd rather finish by Monday and have the waivers run before the season starts.

    In my other two dynasty leagues, we knocked it out in two days in one and 6 full rounds in less than 12 hours in the other. Usually texting people seems to help. A lot of the people I've texted seem totally off guard that they are OTC, so I just sent out a league wide e-mail asking for help in moving this thing along.
    avatar
    NAFRO79
    General Manager

    Number of posts : 148
    Age : 38
    Location : Shakespeare, Ontario, Canada
    Registration date : 2014-03-10

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by NAFRO79 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:48 am

    That means he got two texts. Yes this is ridiculous. I just told him, its been 15 hours, and your holding up the draft. Can we please have a league vote about making draft windows 12 hours. It is easy enough to do on fantrax. If you give some people 24, they will take it. Having one pick holding up a draft for an entire day, really make's things COANGELO, you can suspend the window from 12-6 overnight even, to be fair.
    avatar
    The Czar
    Commissioner

    Number of posts : 483
    Age : 40
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by The Czar on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:53 am

    NAFRO79 wrote:That means he got two texts. Yes this is ridiculous. I just told him, its been 15 hours, and your holding up the draft. Can we please have a league vote about making draft windows 12 hours. It is easy enough to do on fantrax. If you give some people 24, they will take it. Having one pick holding up a draft for an entire day, really make's things COANGELO, you can suspend the window from 12-6 overnight even, to be fair.

    I can't even get people to make picks. It would take two weeks to get a vote done...

    I think the e-mail will work for now, which is why I sent it out. After Badgers picks, hopefully we see an uptick in pace. If not, and it doesn't move faster today, we go to windows.
    avatar
    NAFRO79
    General Manager

    Number of posts : 148
    Age : 38
    Location : Shakespeare, Ontario, Canada
    Registration date : 2014-03-10

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by NAFRO79 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:24 am

    Every time I type the word S-L-O-W the word COANGELO comes up for some reason.
    avatar
    The Czar
    Commissioner

    Number of posts : 483
    Age : 40
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by The Czar on Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:06 am

    He was our original draft bump. It pissed everyone off. He was taking the full 24 for every pick and then quit mid draft. So one of the old commissioners changed s-low to COANGELO to be funny.
    avatar
    NAFRO79
    General Manager

    Number of posts : 148
    Age : 38
    Location : Shakespeare, Ontario, Canada
    Registration date : 2014-03-10

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by NAFRO79 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:10 am

    Lol. Oh that makes sense. That's pretty funny actually. I was checking my phone's prediction and correction settings. Thanks for letting me know.
    avatar
    Vriez
    Umpire

    Number of posts : 466
    Age : 35
    Location : Grandville, MI
    Registration date : 2007-11-30

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by Vriez on Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:38 am

    Is LUIS still Ray?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Discussion Board

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:39 pm