SSD Fantasy Baseball

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Awesome NEWS!!!!! First Article Posted!!!!

The Czar
    The Czar
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

Awesome NEWS!!!!!  First Article Posted!!!! Empty Awesome NEWS!!!!! First Article Posted!!!!

Post by The Czar Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:52 pm

I have been contacted by Ray Flowers of Fanball and Baseballguys.com and offered a position as a Managing Editor (my title, even though I will be primarily writing articles) at rototimes.com. I will start in February and cover the NBA with 1 article per week for the remainder of the season. After that, who knows. They want to evaluate what I can do.

I guess all my hard work over the last month on rotoworld has paid off big time and somebody noticed. I'm really excited about this.

I would appreciate it if this just stays between the league though. I would like to protect my anonymity on the rotoworld forums if I am writing articles for rototimes and the last thing I would need when starting off this gig is for some of the dregs of rotoworld showing up over there to bash my articles or cause problems for me. I actually stopped hanging out in the basketball forums as much because of some of those types. I guess I need to go back in there again and stir up the pot. I've been so focused on baseball stuff that I need to resharpen my edge for basketball.

P.S.- Terrell, I really hope that you get your article put up on rotoworld. I'm sorry for all the bullshit that you went through and I apologize for any thing that I said that could have been taken the wrong way. It was just me being competitive. Hitman (fuck that guy) is just a pompous ass though and csquared just got his panties a little ruffled. I like the original better, so don't worry about posting the edited one. It gets a little convoluted on the second one with all the new options at 2nd players and you broke your original trail of thought. I would add the caveat of making sure that you evaluate who your drop would be though since there are no true "2-1" deals since you always have to drop somebody. Good luck and keep working at this if you enjoy it though. You never know when a break can come. Getting your stuff up on rotoworld could be a great start for you.

Last edited by on Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Awesome NEWS!!!!!  First Article Posted!!!! Empty Re: Awesome NEWS!!!!! First Article Posted!!!!

Post by Guest Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:03 pm

Congrats Czar...you deserve this!

*And to think we can all say, "I knew him back in the good ol' SSD days..."

Awesome NEWS!!!!!  First Article Posted!!!! Empty Re: Awesome NEWS!!!!! First Article Posted!!!!

Post by Guest Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:27 pm

Congrats bro !!! Way to represent buddy...

Post by Guest Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:19 pm

Awesome NEWS!!!!!  First Article Posted!!!! Woot
    #4 Yawkey Way 2
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 270
    Registration date : 2007-11-30

Post by #4 Yawkey Way 2 Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:23 pm

SO.
    AWESOME.

Congrats man!
    Slider
    Slider
    General Manager

Number of posts : 379

Post by Slider Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:08 am

Congratulations! Nice job!
    cheers

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:34 am

congrats man..that is very cool...thanks for the words as well....
    really happy for you - you deserve it... alien
    The Czar
    The Czar
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 486

Post by The Czar Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:53 pm

The First article is up.

Here is a link

http://www.rototimes.com/article.php?article_id=4297

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:23 pm

Dwyane Wade was rumored to have come into camp a little heavier this season. If his quest to get in Charles Barkley's Fave 5 requires him to dine regularly with Sir Charles, he may want to rethink that decision. "The Rotund Guard of Lard" doesn't have quite the same ring as "The Round Mound of Rebound."

L
    O
    L

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:19 pm

That was a GREAT article, and the humor in it was awesome!

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:11 pm

MustacheToes wrote:That was a GREAT article, and the humor in it was awesome!

Jesus Ray, why don't you just offer to blow him?

Nice job Larry...

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:09 pm

good on 'ya!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content