SSD Fantasy Baseball

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Yahoo plus

Yahoo plus Empty Yahoo plus

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:35 pm

Does anyone know when yahoo plus will be up and running? I have some offseason waiver moves I need to make. lol

Yahoo plus Empty Re: Yahoo plus

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:34 pm

Me too...lol

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:43 pm

I never dealt with Yahoo plus. Im guessing we need to register and all that good stuff...lol
    I have used regular yahoo leagues but never plus....I hope its better then the regular yahoo, lol
    Im guessing I can use my yahoo log-in for that but I hope my baseball stats or updates arent sent to my yahoo email since, I dont use it...lol
    #4 Yawkey Way 2
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 270
    Registration date : 2007-11-30

Post by #4 Yawkey Way 2 Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:28 pm

Early Feb is what it says.

I'll be registering the league ASAP.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:08 pm

BlackLagooner wrote:Early Feb is what it says.

I'll be registering the league ASAP.

Cool...Thanks bro

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:32 pm

Wizard of Boz wrote:Im guessing I can use my yahoo log-in for that but I hope my baseball stats or updates arent sent to my yahoo email since, I dont use it...lol

You can change this to go to whatever email address you want. I have any Yahoo notifications going to my AOL account. I forget exactly where in the settings it's at, but it's in there somewhere.

Oh, and if none of you has ever even had StatTracker, you'll be addicted every single night. I spent every night of the '07 season just staring at the computer monitor, watching all of the games progress.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:41 pm

TooMuchSalt wrote:
    Wizard of Boz wrote:Im guessing I can use my yahoo log-in for that but I hope my baseball stats or updates arent sent to my yahoo email since, I dont use it...lol

You can change this to go to whatever email address you want. I have any Yahoo notifications going to my AOL account. I forget exactly where in the settings it's at, but it's in there somewhere.

Oh, and if none of you has ever even had StatTracker, you'll be addicted every single night. I spent every night of the '07 season just staring at the computer monitor, watching all of the games progress.

what exactly is the stat tracker, its all i keep hearing about....I usually buy the MLB package from comcast, im flipping thru each game

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:54 pm

Wizard of Boz wrote:what exactly is the stat tracker, its all i keep hearing about....I usually buy the MLB package from comcast, im flipping thru each game

StatTracker is a little tool from Yahoo that lists every team in the league, matched up with whoever they're with during that week. It has each teams players, who's benched and who's not, lists up to the minute stats for each player during all the games, lists all the games with the score, who's up, the count, who's in or out etc., and updates the matchups according to if someone just got a win or just hit a home run.

So say I'm against you for a week. On Monday's games, say my first hitter is Arod, and he hits a home run. And your first hitter is Grady, and he singles and steals a base. At that time, it would show my team with 1R, 1HR, 1RBI, and 1.000 AVG, and your team with 1.000 AVG, and 1SB. Therefore, our matchup would show me - at that exact moment in time - leading 3 to 1 (all others remained tied until someone gets a point in stat other than 0 in any category).

So you can see, with all the teams, and alllllll the players, it gets very addicting just watching numbers all night. Plus it gets stressful on Sunday night when you need those 2 strikeouts, or that 1 save, or 1 run...

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:03 pm

TooMuchSalt wrote:
    Wizard of Boz wrote:what exactly is the stat tracker, its all i keep hearing about....I usually buy the MLB package from comcast, im flipping thru each game

StatTracker is a little tool from Yahoo that lists every team in the league, matched up with whoever they're with during that week. It has each teams players, who's benched and who's not, lists up to the minute stats for each player during all the games, lists all the games with the score, who's up, the count, who's in or out etc., and updates the matchups according to if someone just got a win or just hit a home run.

So say I'm against you for a week. On Monday's games, say my first hitter is Arod, and he hits a home run. And your first hitter is Grady, and he singles and steals a base. At that time, it would show my team with 1R, 1HR, 1RBI, and 1.000 AVG, and your team with 1.000 AVG, and 1SB. Therefore, our matchup would show me - at that exact moment in time - leading 3 to 1 (all others remained tied until someone gets a point in stat other than 0 in any category).

So you can see, with all the teams, and alllllll the players, it gets very addicting just watching numbers all night. Plus it gets stressful on Sunday night when you need those 2 strikeouts, or that 1 save, or 1 run...

cbs does the same thing as well...i like that

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:28 pm

yeah, I figured lots do. All I used though is Yahoo.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:15 am

Stat Tracker is the most addicting little window you will ever have on your computer. We will be playing cards at my house, and watching games, and then we all hover over stattracker...lol...and we play Roto...watching our points go up and down through the night...it is a sick addiction...

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:08 am

Yahoo baseball goes up end of next week according to one of my friends who called in for a specific date.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:08 pm

Post by Guest Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:38 pm

9 days till pitchers and catchers...............fuck....................

and I too was kinda glad to see the pats get smacked around. I hate Belichek...........

Wagner dosent seem like such a bad pick now, huh clownies?......................

Post by Guest Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:31 pm

Wagner sucks!
    The Czar
    The Czar
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

Post by The Czar Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:03 am

So, who is starting this thing? Let's go go go!!!!

The other nice thing about plus is that you get access to all of yahoo's baseball content. If you go to the bottom and open up a couple of links, you can download all of their premium content. It is really nice. It is like what you would get from rotoworld or fanball and gives you rankings, sleepers, offseason moves, expected busts, prospect lists, etc. I think last year it was like 120 pages. I downloaded it and scrolled through it quite a bit for reference material. It is just like any other magazine or ranking system though and obviously there are some discrepencies. If Berehens puts it together, read it twice. If it is Funston, then you may want to move on. I just read an article by Funston on the fallout from the Gasol trade from a fantasy perspective and not once did he mention Darko. I was like wtf, Darko will be the biggest winner with that deal. He now has value and has 3 straight double-doubles. I was kind of confused by the lack of a Darko mention. Anyway, torn between two sports now.

Get this mother effer up.
    THE KILLERS
    THE KILLERS
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 560
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

Post by THE KILLERS Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:18 am

I concur.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:29 am

Lagooner will be the one registering the new league. Once he does that I will begin to input all the rosters.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:23 am