Road Runners / Fung Wa Express trade

    Share

    Guest
    Guest

    Road Runners / Fung Wa Express trade

    Post by Guest on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:47 pm

    Road Runners send:

    Rafael Furcal, SS / Travis Hafner, 1B / Luke Hochevar, SP and 2009 MiLB draft picks 1.19 & 3.19

    Fung Wa Express send:

    Nate McLouth, OF / Mike Aviles, SS / Jair Jurrjens, SP and 2009 MiLB draft picks 2.10 & 4.10

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Road Runners / Fung Wa Express trade

    Post by Guest on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:47 pm

    I accept the trade, and if possible, approve it as well.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Road Runners / Fung Wa Express trade

    Post by Guest on Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:13 am

    approve
    avatar
    remysox
    General Manager

    Number of posts : 184
    Age : 43
    Location : Portland, Maine
    Registration date : 2008-10-14

    Re: Road Runners / Fung Wa Express trade

    Post by remysox on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:13 am

    I accept trade.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Road Runners / Fung Wa Express trade

    Post by Guest on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:50 pm

    I'll quote Boz and I totally agree:

    "Furcal is an injury prone 32 year old declining shortstop. Hafner is garbage. Hochevar is junk.

    Compared to Mclouth who is easily a top 15 possibly top 10 OF in a dynasty format.
    Aviles is a top 10 SS in a dynasty and ranked higher then Furcal.
    Jurrjens , well I shouldnt have to tell anyone about him. He is nasty and young. Arguably the Braves ace.

    Yes there are MILB picks involved but there really isnt even much difference between them..lol

    This trade makes no sense at all. For a dynasty, redraft or keeper....lol

    All trades stand in my eyes but just had to voice the insanity of this garbage"


    bad trade...pass it through i guess but come the fuck on, your giving the 2nd place team a huge edge while removing all the mistakes he made in his draft. this is what we call "raping the new guy"

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Road Runners / Fung Wa Express trade

    Post by Guest on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:58 pm

    max_murder wrote:I'll quote Boz and I totally agree:




    bad trade...pass it through i guess but come the fuck on, your giving the 2nd place team a huge edge while removing all the mistakes he made in his draft. this is what we call "raping the new guy"

    Its absolutely awful....lol

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Road Runners / Fung Wa Express trade

    Post by Guest on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:03 am

    I don't know what sites you cats subscribe to, or books you read, but Aviles is NOT a top 10 SS, he's squarely in the bottom quarter of the top 20 SS and anyone who says different doesn't know what he's talking about. Anyone who'd rank Aviles over Furcal doesn't know what he's talking about. This is what Shandler says about Furcal:

    "Was on his way to a career year before a bad back got in the way. Stable base skills, prior durability make full rebound likely if healthy. And if 1st half wasn't a fluke...UP: 20 HR, 40 SB"

    and this is what he says about Aviles

    "10-51-.325 in 419 AB at KC. MLB debut couldn't have gone much better, but don't expect a repeat. Power history and 2H Power dip suggest a HR decline looms. And H% spike fueled his BA, so that will regress too."

    But, y'know we all have different player values, so if any of you want to put some money on who has the better year, I'm all for it. Just let me know. Oh, one more thing about the SS, Furcal is 31 and Aviles is 28, not 23, so you can spare me the dynasty talk.

    Yeah, I like McLouth plenty, but Jeff traded him for Burrell. None of you guys had anything to say 'bout that. Don't know where Boz and Sluts stand on the position scarcity debate, but I think Shortstop Furcal is more valuable than OF Burrell. A hell of a lot more valuable.

    You guys don't think two +11 draft pick position upgrades are worth anything? Really? I'd say people last year gave up more for less during both of our drafts.

    After some of the trades that have been going on in this league since its inception, I find it hard to believe that this is what sets you guys off. Maybe y'all is just bored. Good thing the draft is around the corner.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Road Runners / Fung Wa Express trade

    Post by Guest on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:29 am

    I was going for a playoff spot that i missed by 1 point...I thought Burrell would help a fraction more than McClouth...This is different. Way to find quotes to support your player values (that favor who your trading away????) But no....We're not bored...you're raping the new guy.
    avatar
    Vriez
    Umpire

    Number of posts : 452
    Age : 34
    Location : Grandville, MI
    Registration date : 2007-11-30

    Re: Road Runners / Fung Wa Express trade

    Post by Vriez on Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:27 am

    I definitely think Enrique got the better half of this trade...but I dont think its quite as bad as Sluts and Boz do. Id rather have Furcal over Aviles, dynasty or no dynasty. The upgrade of Furcal over Aviles in no way makes up for the difference between Hochevar/Hafner and McClouth/Jurrjens though. At this point, Hochevar looks like garbage, but he was a #1 overall pick. It was a travesty how quickly Dayton Moore rushed him. Will he ever live up to his billing?, probably not (Jurrjens is already pitching as high as Hochevar's ceiling)...but its still a little early to completely close the book on him. Stick a fork in the roidless Hafner, though.

    Furcal > Aviles
    Hochevar << Jurrjens
    Hafner << McClouth

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Road Runners / Fung Wa Express trade

    Post by Guest on Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:51 am

    djpegleg wrote:I don't know what sites you cats subscribe to, or books you read, but Aviles is NOT a top 10 SS, he's squarely in the bottom quarter of the top 20 SS and anyone who says different doesn't know what he's talking about. Anyone who'd rank Aviles over Furcal doesn't know what he's talking about. This is what Shandler says about Furcal:

    "Was on his way to a career year before a bad back got in the way. Stable base skills, prior durability make full rebound likely if healthy. And if 1st half wasn't a fluke...UP: 20 HR, 40 SB"

    and this is what he says about Aviles

    "10-51-.325 in 419 AB at KC. MLB debut couldn't have gone much better, but don't expect a repeat. Power history and 2H Power dip suggest a HR decline looms. And H% spike fueled his BA, so that will regress too."

    But, y'know we all have different player values, so if any of you want to put some money on who has the better year, I'm all for it. Just let me know. Oh, one more thing about the SS, Furcal is 31 and Aviles is 28, not 23, so you can spare me the dynasty talk.

    Yeah, I like McLouth plenty, but Jeff traded him for Burrell. None of you guys had anything to say 'bout that. Don't know where Boz and Sluts stand on the position scarcity debate, but I think Shortstop Furcal is more valuable than OF Burrell. A hell of a lot more valuable.

    You guys don't think two +11 draft pick position upgrades are worth anything? Really? I'd say people last year gave up more for less during both of our drafts.

    After some of the trades that have been going on in this league since its inception, I find it hard to believe that this is what sets you guys off. Maybe y'all is just bored. Good thing the draft is around the corner.

    Hey Enrique,
    People have their own opinions about shit and thats normal but it seems like anytime someone disagrees with you, you make posts that throw out insults bro. Maybe I dont know what Im talking about or know anything like you just said but I got my rankings from CBS for now since I have already started a draft and its early. Oh Im sorry too, I said Furcal was 32 not 31.

    I never once said Aviles is better then Furcal but I did say I think Aviles has more upside considering its a dynasty. Back surgery is a huge deal in my opinion as well. Again, I never said this trade should be pretested or anything, just simply voicing my opinion like everyone else did and does on so much.

    I just dont see how giving up so much just to get Furcal, is going to better someones team. Just my opinion.

    http://fantasynews.sportsline.com/fantasybaseball/story/10991839

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Road Runners / Fung Wa Express trade

    Post by Guest on Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:13 am

    BOZ: I wasn't trying to insult you. So I apologize for that up front, but I am insulting Mr. Eric Mack of CBSportsline, because as far as I'm concerned his rankings are suspect. And as to my history of "throwing insults", I call it like I see it and commish or no commish that's how that's gonna play out for the rest of my time in the league.

    JEFF: I'm trying to figure out how to keep this moderately short, so here goes: I got two SS; Furcal and Jeets. Last year I gave up Baker and Qualls and Bourn to get Jeter because I know how much it sucks to have a gaping hole in the SS position. I let Garry pick which SS he wanted. I would have preferred he took Jeter. But, as you know from playing with him for many years, Garry is a knowledgeable and experienced player, hardly a rookie or "new guy." Since Hochevar seems to be a sticking point, for the record, I gave him the option of Arroyo, but he preferred the guy once in BP's top ten prospects. I also wanted Baker back, but he wouldn't give him up. Oh, one final thing--picking Hafner in the third round was a mistake, but I didn't draft Hochevar and I thought I stole Furcal, so there you go.

    VRIEZ: I get where you are coming from. I know nobody believes this, but Aviles is simply insurance, I just need him there for when Jeters goes on the DL. Late me state that again since there seems to be a misconception about that: I don't like Aviles, I don't have a thing for Aviles, in fact I find it hard to believe that anyone would trade specifically for Aviles. Hochevar and Hafner are filler, but filler with some value either based on past performance or future potential. So the trade comes down to Furcal for McLouth (not Kemp, I would like to add) and Jurrgens. That's where those draft picks come in. I don't know if you all realize this, but Dr. Whom/Black Lagooner left Fung Wa with no first round picks. This was his draft order: 2.10, 3.05, 4.10, 4.16, 5.05 and 5.11. After this trade his draft order is this: 1.19, 3.05, 3.19, 4.16, 5.05 and 5.11. I really don't understand how that's not a significant upgrade. Also, I know that Jurrgens has a lot of potential, but, once again, actually wanted Baker.

    I actually thought this trade was pretty even, but I guess not. C'est la vie.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Road Runners / Fung Wa Express trade

    Post by Guest on Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:55 pm

    I approve.

    I personally like Gary's side. When furcal is healthy, he's one f the better fantasy SS. I question his work ethic though. One of my Lt.'s knows him and he told me Furcal is a boozebag, and a lazy POS when it comes to his conditioning. Maybe his injuries over the past 2 years changes him. Anywho, I don't have a problem with this deal.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Road Runners / Fung Wa Express trade

    Post by Guest on Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:56 pm

    djpegleg wrote:BOZ: I wasn't trying to insult you. So I apologize for that up front, but I am insulting Mr. Eric Mack of CBSportsline, because as far as I'm concerned his rankings are suspect. And as to my history of "throwing insults", I call it like I see it and commish or no commish that's how that's gonna play out for the rest of my time in the league.


    No problem bro. There is no need to apologize at all. I honestly wasnt looking for an apology. I was only saying about insults because I didnt want a disagreement blowing up and hurting the league. Im a big boy and can take and dish out with the best of em....lol

    I still think that trade is completely insane....lol

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Road Runners / Fung Wa Express trade

    Post by Guest on Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:57 pm

    #4 Yawkey Way wrote:I approve.

    I personally like Gary's side. When furcal is healthy, he's one f the better fantasy SS. I question his work ethic though. One of my Lt.'s knows him and he told me Furcal is a boozebag, and a lazy POS when it comes to his conditioning. Maybe his injuries over the past 2 years changes him. Anywho, I don't have a problem with this deal.

    I need to be in more leagues with you !!!! Lmaooooooo

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Road Runners / Fung Wa Express trade

    Post by Guest on Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:05 pm

    I'm over it. Good deal guys. It wouldn't be the Smack Shack without Smack. A little bit of me is rooting for 40 HRs out of Pronk now.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Road Runners / Fung Wa Express trade

    Post by Guest on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:29 pm

    hey, how come I wasnt at the center of this shit storm...fuck...

    smoochies.....
    avatar
    remysox
    General Manager

    Number of posts : 184
    Age : 43
    Location : Portland, Maine
    Registration date : 2008-10-14

    Re: Road Runners / Fung Wa Express trade

    Post by remysox on Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:46 pm

    so is it a done deal or what?
    i thought it was a good deal - i had no idea this was coming. i made my team better and i improved my draft position. maybe haf will suck, maybe he'll jack 40 - who knows?
    I'm going to update my roster.
    looking forward to the draft.
    G.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Road Runners / Fung Wa Express trade

    Post by Guest on Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:10 pm

    remysox wrote:so is it a done deal or what?
    i thought it was a good deal - i had no idea this was coming. i made my team better and i improved my draft position. maybe haf will suck, maybe he'll jack 40 - who knows?
    I'm going to update my roster.
    looking forward to the draft.
    G.


    Yes, it has been approved and is a done deal.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Road Runners / Fung Wa Express trade

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:16 am