SSD Fantasy Baseball

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

I like consistency

I like consistency Empty I like consistency

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:53 am

glad to see the draft comming to a grinding halt in the usual spot......

kudos......................

I like consistency Empty Re: I like consistency

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:29 pm

Dude, whomever brought Fishies into this league needs to speak to them...it's totally uncool at this point.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:34 pm

Why is it uncool? It's perfectly fine. WE'RE ALMOST DONE ANYWAY...

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:37 pm

It's uncool when everyone else picks in a timely manner, or if they are unable to, make sure to use the away board.

For their last four picks--at least that's my recollection--Fishies has shut down the draft for an exorbitant amount of time. Nobody else is taking 14 to 20 hours to make their pick.

Does that not make any sense to you Salty? Perhaps I need to bring some pepper into this discussion.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:59 pm

haha, pepper.

It makes sense, but it's within the rules, and it's not like we're in Round 08 or anything.

More patience plz.
    Chris Glowa
    Chris Glowa
    General Manager

Number of posts : 658
    Registration date : 2007-12-01

Post by Chris Glowa Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:02 pm

Smartfishes? More like Slowfishes. ahahahafhasdfhsdfhasdha

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:22 pm

Come on fellas, I like drafting as much as the next guy and dont like delays either but it is the busy part of the season with work and holidays. Only thing I agree on is to use the away board so guys have an idea when they will be picking, but other then that it is the busy season for people. At least it isnt like colangelo, who was 100 % inactive and had to wait every single pick for him, even with logging on and off like he did.
    So spread some Christmas cheer and give each other a group hug, lol
    Loosen up your belt buckles and have a nice cold glass of SPIKED egg nog.
    So Happy holidays guys, ya buncha assholes !!!! lol

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:35 pm

Wizard of Boz wrote:Come on fellas, I like drafting as much as the next guy and dont like delays either but it is the busy part of the season with work and holidays. Only thing I agree on is to use the away board so guys have an idea when they will be picking, but other then that it is the busy season for people. At least it isnt like colangelo, who was 100 % inactive and had to wait every single pick for him, even with logging on and off like he did.

uh, blow ray.....

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:37 pm

jay wrote:
    Wizard of Boz wrote:Come on fellas, I like drafting as much as the next guy and dont like delays either but it is the busy part of the season with work and holidays. Only thing I agree on is to use the away board so guys have an idea when they will be picking, but other then that it is the busy season for people. At least it isnt like colangelo, who was 100 % inactive and had to wait every single pick for him, even with logging on and off like he did.

uh, blow ray.....

I dont swing that way, but since you have it on your mind you must be thinking about it bro...so you should pucker up and blow ray....lol

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:39 pm

What the hell!? Why am I getting pulled into this? Evil or Very Mad

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:42 am

1st of all, whoever picked before me last night drafted well after I was asleep. I wake up at 6 in the morning to work and I have to drop my daughter off at the sitters, so checking the fantasy baseball page has very little value to me at all in the mornings.
    2nd, my cell phone number is on the league page. If you all are in such a hurry to pick, why not text me to let me know I am OTC? I work outside, so a email saying"you are up" is a total waste of time. Yawkee was the only person to tell me I was OTC and that was at 2:46pm. I called him back with my pick at 4:58, so my pick was made about 2 hours after I was informed I was OTC.
    Last, Sorry if I have taken a while to pick the last few rounds. Actually, I am not really sorry. I am really busy right now,I work 12 hour days, I don't sit in front of a computer all day waiting with my fingers crossed hopeing the player I want is still available with the 403rd pick in the draft. Thats just not me.
    So for future notice, from 6am to 6pm, fantasy baseball is not on my mind. It could be if I am informed I am OTC. Just text me and I will pick within a hour or so. Otherwise, don't complain if I take 14 hours to pick if I am not told I am OTC.

one last thing.........................................................Jay, you are a douche.

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:42 am

Smartfishes wrote:1st of all, whoever picked before me last night drafted well after I was asleep. I wake up at 6 in the morning to work and I have to drop my daughter off at the sitters, so checking the fantasy baseball page has very little value to me at all in the mornings.
    2nd, my cell phone number is on the league page. If you all are in such a hurry to pick, why not text me to let me know I am OTC? I work outside, so a email saying"you are up" is a total waste of time. Yawkee was the only person to tell me I was OTC and that was at 2:46pm. I called him back with my pick at 4:58, so my pick was made about 2 hours after I was informed I was OTC.
    Last, Sorry if I have taken a while to pick the last few rounds. Actually, I am not really sorry. I am really busy right now,I work 12 hour days, I don't sit in front of a computer all day waiting with my fingers crossed hopeing the player I want is still available with the 403rd pick in the draft. Thats just not me.
    So for future notice, from 6am to 6pm, fantasy baseball is not on my mind. It could be if I am informed I am OTC. Just text me and I will pick within a hour or so. Otherwise, don't complain if I take 14 hours to pick if I am not told I am OTC.

one last thing.........................................................Jay, you are a douche.

Apparently, you do not wish to play by the rules of our engagement.

If "kudos" sends you into such a tailspin, how are you going to handle it when your team gets smoked on a week in week out basis?

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:34 am

Hey Jay, hurry up and get someone to read this for you, I will wait......................................Okay, got them, good. MattyGabbs has been OTC for a whole 9 hours now. I say we got to his house, beat his dog, eat his children and kidnap his mother until he makes a pick!!!!!

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:04 am

the black one says - bite me.....IT IS FREAKING DECEMBER.....chill out douche bags....I worked 16 hours yesterday and that was time spent running a business that pays my mortgage...if you want a pick to be made with in a 2 hour window then make the rules say you have to pick in TWO HOURS not TWENTY FOUR....and iam not going to stop an entire job site to log on here and let you know that iam working...get over yourselves...and next time i am off work for about 3 seconds ill be sure to ask my wife if i can skip on spending time with her to talk paul lo duca with some douche i have never met?...sound fair to you??....FROM NOW ON WE WILL NOT BE PICKING BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 6 AM to 6 PM or after 10:00 PM on weekdays...is that clear enough for you???.....whining bitches...jesus...

Last edited by on Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:15 am; edited 3 times in total

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:05 am

lol

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:26 pm

Smartfishes wrote:the black one says - bite me.....IT IS FREAKING DECEMBER.....chill out douche bags....I worked 16 hours yesterday and that was time spent running a business that pays my mortgage...if you want a pick to be made with in a 2 hour window then make the rules say you have to pick in TWO HOURS not TWENTY FOUR....and iam not going to stop an entire job site to log on here and let you know that iam working...get over yourselves...and next time i am off work for about 3 seconds ill be sure to ask my wife if i can skip on spending time with her to talk paul lo duca with some douche i have never met?...sound fair to you??....FROM NOW ON WE WILL NOT BE PICKING BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 6 AM to 6 PM or after 10:00 PM on weekdays...is that clear enough for you???.....whining bitches...jesus...

bayer aspirin, if taken on a regualr daily basis, helps to reduce your chances of mild strokes or hear attacks...what, I'm serious........

Jay

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:00 pm

iam so sure you are....this for me just stops now...i mean i dont need to show off my muscles or brains on the Internet....so go about your life, how ever great or bland it maybe, and just forget we're here, ok?...i mean i dont like you - you dont like me...its just a little played out really....later.....

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:04 pm

aw come on this is the only entertaining thing going on in these final rounds

(plus I know for a fact that jay can go at least until opening day)
    The Czar
    The Czar
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 486

Post by The Czar Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:00 pm

1. I thought we were all through with this shit.

2. There is a major difference in the fact that Colangelo would log in and out, in and out, in and out, and not pick and never posted anything. Then through IM would say he would pick in 30 minutes and didn't, etc. Fishes is at work. That to me is a huge difference between a guy jacking us around and a guy at work. That is what really pissed me off about the Colangelo. You would have 3 guys waiting up late to pick and he said he would pick and then left everyone hanging. Fishes has never done that.

3. If Colangelo would have at least bothered to defend himself and be active, he would have had my respect. At least Fishes is doing that. He has his 24 hours and actually bailed us out by paying money into a league where he inherited the first several picks. I don't know how many leagues you guys have commished, but usually when money is out there, it is tough to find guys to replace a defunct team. I've dealt with it personally. NOT FUN. Thank you Fishes for taking over another man's team that couldn't man up when we needed him to. I appreciate it.

4. Fishes has also not held us up through an entire weekend. After looking at the draft, he has made all of his picks between 5-7 in the morning or 5-7 in the evening. That is consistency. The fact that he doesn't work near a computer like the rest of us does change things.

5. Cut the guy some slack and let's finish this thing up. This league has had a very good vibe since the "incident." Let's please keep it that way. Fishes, just set up an away board page like I had on the old site and just explain that you will be NA until a certain time. Worked for Killers and I. Will keep guys off your back.

Play on gentleman.
    The Czar
    The Czar
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 486

Post by The Czar Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:03 pm

BTW- Jay, try whole bran wheat in the morning. My grandmother says that it always kept her consistent.

If that doesn't work then try prune juice.
    #4 Yawkey Way 2
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 270
    Registration date : 2007-11-30

Post by #4 Yawkey Way 2 Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:08 am

That's enough of this.

Everyone has said their piece. Let's let this go and get through the draft.

DEEP BREATH EVERYONE!

*whew*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:58 pm